Career Opportunities at Wooded Glen
Wooded Glen Recovery Center in Henryville, Indiana, offers full-time, part-time, and per-diem employment opportunities for all persons wishing to become part of an exciting team of behavioral health professionals. We need responsible, caring, and qualified individuals who have a passion for assisting others throughout their alcohol and drug addiction treatment process. We provide a comprehensive benefits package along with competitive salaries commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply. We recognize and value the unique strengths of the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who have served.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Recovery Support Technician
The Recovery Support Technician functions in conjunction with the clinical and nursing team, assisting with the daily process of client care.
Responsibilities of our Recovery Support Technicians:
- Perform admissions and orientation of the client to the unit.
- Conduct client check of belongings upon admission.
- Participate in daily multidisciplinary meeting to discuss psychosocial assessment, treatment planning and ongoing discharge planning.
- Supervise urine collection of client, as necessary.
- Conduct crisis intervention with the nursing supervisor.
- Provide transportation for clients as indicated by supervisor.
- Conduct educational lectures at admission, during facility stay, and at time of discharge for clients and families, as indicated.
- Document client progress and participation in educational lectures.
- Serve as a liaison between wellness staff and clients, keeping staff informed of high-risk issues.
- Assess the appropriateness of the level of care and discuss with the wellness team.
- Identify potential client problems and discuss them in the daily multidisciplinary treatment meeting.
- Participate in quality monitoring and treatment outcome.
- Document in the chart and on worksheets in accordance with department and facility procedure.
- Other documentation completed in accordance with Federal, State and The Joint Commission regulations.
- Communicate with clients and staff in a professional and constructive manner.
- Communicate with clients/families to ensure understanding of treatment protocols as indicated.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Receive clients, family members and guests to the unit in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen is required
RN/ LPN Nurse
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Nursing, or designee, the Nurse is responsible for providing care to the clients and providing direction and supervision to nonprofessional personnel in the provision of direct client care.
Responsibilities of our Nurses:
- Complete nursing assessments in a timely manner and indicate potential problems.
- Communicate with client/family regarding care plan and outcome goals; involve client/family in developing plan of care and accomplishing outcome goals and/or consistently attend and actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferences.
- Provide client care with minimal supervision. Adapt to assignments based on unit need. Independently recognize and assume additional responsibility.
- Demonstrate ability to perform procedures and skills in a safe and accurate manner; able to perform complex procedures and skills independently or with minimal supervision.
- Communicate and document teaching and discharge planning.
- Utilize standard precautions and follow infection control procedures.
- Adhere to The Joint Commission National Client Safety Goals.
- Manage unit when in charge; handle unusual, stressful, complex situations with minimal supervision.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities (e.g., data collection); ability to function in an environment regulated by The Joint Commission, State, Federal or other regulatory entities.
Qualifications we seek in our Nurses:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience; preferably two (2) years of Chemical Dependency experience in addition to basic nursing experience
- Current Indiana LPN or RN licensure.
- Must meet and maintain facility and unit educational requirements and annual competencies.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid Certification and CPI.
Substance Abuse Counselor
- Facilitating therapeutic process and psycho-educational groups
- Carry an individual case load of clients; required to see them weekly
- Participate in integrated treatment team
- Communicate with 3rd parties
- Conduct bio/psycho/social assessments
- Treatment planning
- Work hours: Tuesday – Saturday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Qualifications we seek in our Substance Abuse Counselors:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Human Services or bachelor’s degree with CADC
- IN License or Relevant Certification (preferred)
- Beneficial to have knowledge of ASAM criteria
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills
The Dietary Aide/Cook is responsible for daily meal preparation for the facility, showing pride and taking initiative to maintain a standard of excellence in appearance, sanitation for guests and staff. This position may be responsible for evening and/or weekend shifts.
1. Determine amount and type of food and supplies required for the daily menus snacks and special needs meals
2. Conduct daily check of cleaning cart to determine inventory of supplies.
3. Store food properly, including leftovers and snacks
4. Prepare balanced and nutritious menu and snacks within budget guidelines
5. Maintain a clean and safe kitchen for preparation of meals
6. Maintain personal health and hygiene practices when handling food e.g. use of gloves and proper hand washing technique
A high school diploma or equivalent is required with one (1) year experience in dietary services preferred. Candidates must have a good understanding of equipment utilized in meal preparation and sanitation a kitchen setting.