Career Opportunities at Wooded Glen
Wooded Glen Recovery Center in Henryville, Indiana, offers full-time, part-time, and per-diem employment opportunities for all persons wishing to become part of an exciting team of behavioral health professionals. We need responsible, caring, and qualified individuals who have a passion for assisting others throughout their alcohol and drug addiction treatment process. We provide a comprehensive benefits package along with competitive salaries commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply. We recognize and value the unique strengths of the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who have served.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Clinical Case Manager
Responsibilities of our Clinical Case Manager:
- Assess assigned clients and develop individualized treatment plan goals.
- Assures that discharge planning begins at admission. Obtains collateral input from providers and supports.
- Documents that provision of outside services are coordinated when needed and describes services provided.
- All contact with referral source and / or other treatment providers is done within designated time frame and documented accordingly.
- Provide education to patients and families based on their identified needs and limitations in learning.
- Maintains written documentation in accordance with all accrediting bodies.
- Maintains contact with referral sources and outpatient providers.
- Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of DSM-5.
- Develop and implement appropriate therapeutic activities and/or programs.
- Address issues identified in the treatment plans and focus on problems that occur.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of, mental illness/substance abuse, developmental disabilities, and other designated skill areas.
- Appropriately de-escalate disruptive or crisis situations.
- Be appropriately available to clients during times of emotional, physical or life crisis.
- Present appropriate client information to the treatment team; participate in team discussion and evaluation of client goals, objectives and motivations.
- Complete all facility required documentation within required time frames.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications we seek in our Clinical Case Managers: Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Sociology, or an equivalent field from an accredited four-year college or university. One (1) year experience providing individual and/or group counseling in CD or psychiatric treatment setting. CPR/First Aid and CPI certified (as required).
Pay is dependent on experience.
Recovery Support Technician
The Recovery Support Technician functions in conjunction with the clinical and nursing team, assisting with the daily process of client care.
Responsibilities of our Recovery Support Technicians:
- Perform admissions and orientation of the client to the unit.
- Conduct client check of belongings upon admission.
- Participate in daily multidisciplinary meeting to discuss psychosocial assessment, treatment planning and ongoing discharge planning.
- Supervise urine collection of client, as necessary.
- Conduct crisis intervention with the nursing supervisor.
- Provide transportation for clients as indicated by supervisor.
- Conduct educational lectures at admission, during facility stay, and at time of discharge for clients and families, as indicated.
- Document client progress and participation in educational lectures.
- Serve as a liaison between wellness staff and clients, keeping staff informed of high-risk issues.
- Assess the appropriateness of the level of care and discuss with the wellness team.
- Identify potential client problems and discuss them in the daily multidisciplinary treatment meeting.
- Participate in quality monitoring and treatment outcome.
- Document in the chart and on worksheets in accordance with department and facility procedure.
- Other documentation completed in accordance with Federal, State and The Joint Commission regulations.
- Communicate with clients and staff in a professional and constructive manner.
- Communicate with clients/families to ensure understanding of treatment protocols as indicated.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Receive clients, family members and guests to the unit in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen is required
Substance Abuse Counselor (Full time)
Responsibilities of our Substance Abuse Counselors:
- Facilitating therapeutic process and psycho-educational groups
- Carry an individual case load of clients; required to see them weekly
- Participate in integrated treatment team
- Communicate with 3rd parties
- Conduct bio/psycho/social assessments
- Treatment planning
Qualifications we seek in our Substance Abuse Counselors:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Human Services OR Bachelor’s degree with CADC
- IN License or Relevant Certification (preferred)
- Beneficial to have knowledge of ASAM criteria
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills
RN/ LPN Nurse
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Nursing, or designee, the Nurse is responsible for providing care to the clients and providing direction and supervision to nonprofessional personnel in the provision of direct client care.
Responsibilities of our Nurses:
- Complete nursing assessments in a timely manner and indicate potential problems.
- Communicate with client/family regarding care plan and outcome goals; involve client/family in developing plan of care and accomplishing outcome goals and/or consistently attend and actively participate in interdisciplinary team conferences.
- Provide client care with minimal supervision. Adapt to assignments based on unit need. Independently recognize and assume additional responsibility.
- Demonstrate ability to perform procedures and skills in a safe and accurate manner; able to perform complex procedures and skills independently or with minimal supervision.
- Communicate and document teaching and discharge planning.
- Utilize standard precautions and follow infection control procedures.
- Adhere to The Joint Commission National Client Safety Goals.
- Manage unit when in charge; handle unusual, stressful, complex situations with minimal supervision.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities (e.g., data collection); ability to function in an environment regulated by The Joint Commission, State, Federal or other regulatory entities.
Qualifications we seek in our Nurses:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience; preferably two (2) years of Chemical Dependency experience in addition to basic nursing experience
- Current Indiana LPN or RN licensure.
- Must meet and maintain facility and unit educational requirements and annual competencies.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid Certification and CPI.
Position Summary for Housekeeping Aide:
The Housekeeping Aide is responsible for daily cleaning of the facility, showing pride and taking initiative to maintain a standard of excellence in appearance, sanitation and comfort of clients, guests and staff. This position may be responsible for evening and/or weekend shifts.
Responsibilities of our Housekeeping Aides:
- Conduct daily cleaning of the facility including, but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing of fixtures, general straightening, and cleaning of bathrooms.
- Conduct daily check of cleaning cart to determine inventory of supplies.
- Conduct daily check of linen supply closet to determine inventory of supplies.
- Maintain log of supplies needed and request purchase of supplies when indicated.
- Prepare room(s) for incoming admissions.
- Make beds and prepare new linens as required.
- Communicate with Director of Environmental Services on a daily basis.
- Communicate with staff daily to ensure proper care for special needs of clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications we seek in our Housekeeping Aides:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 1 year experience in housekeeping services (preferred)
- Candidates must have a good understanding of equipment utilized in cleaning a healthcare facility.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician assists in planning, preventative maintenance and repair work, understands State and Joint Commission standards, and will rotate On-Call status with other team members.
Responsibilities of our Maintenance Technician:
- Ensure a safe working environment for clients and staff.
- Assists with daily maintenance tasks to ensure safety and facility is in good working order for clients and staff
- Maintain grounds and the EOC in compliance within state regulation and CARF standards.
- Assists with planning, scheduling, and direct service provision of maintenance and repair work of buildings, grounds and utility systems including plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical work, refrigeration, and painting.
- Assists with ongoing compliance with fire and disaster drills and actual situation preparedness –conducting required drills as directed by supervisor.
- Periodically inspects buildings and utility systems to determine need of alterations and repairs.
- Ensures the proper handling of isolation, linen, garbage disposal and hazardous waste compliance as needed
- Maintains and assists facility staff on facility fire safety at orientation and annually
- Ensures ongoing communication with supervisor regarding maintenance issues to resolve quickly
- Assists with clients transports as needed and requested by facility staff
Qualifications we seek in our Maintenance Technicians:
- Experience in a healthcare facility maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work flexible hours
- IT experience helpful
- Groundskeeping experience helpful
Our Intake Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining a first impression that is complementary to the mission and vision of the facility.
Responsibilities of the Intake Coordinator:
- Complete insurance verification
- Screen in-coming phone calls from referrals
- Maintain a waiting list and stay in contact with potential admissions
- Perform intake assessments for incoming client
- Completes admission pre-certification as needed
- Responsible for the accurate daily documenting of all activities, contacts, appointments, and events in the designated system
Qualifications we seek in our Intake Coordinators:
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- At least one year of experience in admissions (preferred)
- Strong customer service skills, as well as, good computer, phone, written, and oral communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Sales and/or call center experience a PLUS!